Eco - Club
The Eco-Club plays an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation. It is actively engaged in overall environmental education by adopting various environment friendly approaches for conservation and preservation of environment.
The activities of the Eco-Club are:
- To motivate the students to keep their surrounding green and clean by participating in “Plant and Adopt a Tree” Campaign.
- To sensitize the students to save electricity and also encourage them to use solar panels as an
- To motivate the students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, separation of waste, disposing off the waste to the nearest storage point.
- To sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastics/polythene bags. Not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers. Being non-biodegradable they cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes. Also, to encourage the use of healthier alternatives like jute, cloth and paper bags. etc.
- To educate students about concerns of e-waste, their eco-friendly segregation and disposal.
- To provide training of bioconversion/recycling of waste leaves into organic fertilizers through vermi-composting.
- To train students to make blotting sheet from waste paper using paper recycling unit.
- To educate the students about reuse, recycle and reduce principle and preparation of products out of waste like paper bags, paper packets, etc.
- To celebrate various environmental days, such as International Ozone day (16 Sept), Wetland Day (2 February), World Earth day (22 April), International Biodiversity Day (22 May), Environmental Day (5 June) and weeks, like Van-Mahotsav, Wildlife Week etc.
- To adopt good practices like gifting potted plants rather than flowers wrapped in polythene.
- To promote ethos of rain water harvesting (storage and ground water recharge) and conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- To create awareness on harmful effects of noise and air pollution.
- To spread awareness about flora and fauna (birds such as sparrow etc) in the college and its
- The students are also exposed to various field activities such as visit to natural ecosystems, bird watching sites and biodiversity parks to create enthusiasm regarding issues pertaining to environmental sustainability.
- To arrange other awareness programmes such as lectures, quiz, essays, painting competitions, rally, nukkad-natak, etc aiming on various environmental issues.